Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Out of the hole

It happened very fast
It happened just one day
I never saw it coming
Depression came my way

It hit me like a brick
It hit me in the head
I couldn’t keep from crying
I had to stay in bed

I only thought about
What happened in my past
Mistakes that I had made
A lifetime they would last

And due to this depression
My bed was hard to make
I couldn’t cook a meal
They thought I was a fake

I’d wake up everyday
My future wasn’t bright
I had unpleasant thoughts
I always had to fight

I’m starting to accomplish
Some simple goals I’ve set
To cook a few good meals
And groceries I will get

I was a working mom
With lots I had to do
But when in deep depression
A hole I sank into

I have to keep on living
My husband’s still alive
He wants me to be happy
He wants me to survive

This hole is very deep
I’m climbing to the top
It may take quite a while
I’ll fail if I do stop

By, Randee Saber 5/29/06