Sunday, January 7, 2007

Let us die

The sun is shining bright
I hate to leave my bed
I feel I’ve lived my life
There’s nothing left ahead

My life has lost its meaning
There’s nothing more to do
The years went by too fast
I feel my life is through

I am no longer needed
At work, I am too old
They want the younger ones
No need that I’d be told

Perhaps I’ll watch TV
Then eat a mid-day meal
I haven't got a purpose
That’s just the way I feel

They say to treasure life
I’m not allowed to die
By taking my own life
Yet now I wonder why

They let us kill our dog
They let us kill our cat
Or kill an unborn child
What do you think of that

They’ll never hesitate
To send our sons and daughters
To fight their senseless wars
Too many will be slaughtered

Those inmates on death row
Eventually they'll die
In spite of finding Jesus
One day they'll say goodbye

They say that I must live
Counting all the years
With nothing more to do
But with so many fears

Fear my spouse will die
Fear of the unknown
Fear of being sick
And being all alone

I'll give them all my money
They’ll say the place is nice
A room that I must share
Will cost a real high price

We’ll all be locked away
Too old to be in sight
One day they’ll let us die
I think we have the right

By, Randee Saber 10/28/06