Friday, January 5, 2007

Hate crime

Spring, TX
Hispanic teen, David Ritcheson
was brutally attacked by
skin heads - Summer 2006
who beat & solomized him
with an outdoor umbrella
leaving him for dead.
After numerous surgeries, he
recovered but nearly a year later,
he committed suicide by jumping
off the top deck of a Carnival
Cruise Ship on July 1, 2007
while vacationing with friends.

I’m the scapegoat
It’s me who you blame
For all your problems
You should be ashamed

My skin is darker
I’m a different race
But look at me closely
We have the same face

I’m not an alien
From the planet Mars
Just like you
I look at the stars

Did you feel better
Hitting my face
Punching my body
All over the place

What were you thinking
You left me for dead
It was late at night
You went home to bed

My body is ruined
My energy drained
You did this to me
Without knowing my name

By, Randee Saber 7/11/06