Saturday, March 24, 2007

It was only make pretend

He really seemed to like me
He had a lot of charm
He liked to be flirtatious
He thought there’d be no harm

He reveled in his power
He knew I had to work
He took advantage of me
He was driving me berserk

He wanted me to be with him
He mentioned it a lot
He thought of just himself
He put me on the spot

He thought I was sincere
He hoped I was his friend
He made me play a game
He said my job would end

He wanted to control me
He knew I couldn’t complain
He knew he was the boss
He was driving me insane

I had to keep this job
I had to keep the pay
I didn’t know what to do
I hoped he’d stay away

I now feel like a coward
I didn’t want romance
I should have told on him
I lost my only chance

I had to move away
I knew it all would end
I thought he really liked me
I know it was make pretend

By, Randee Saber 5/2/06