Saturday, March 31, 2007

Everyone should write a poem

One day I wrote a poem
I had something to say
Then before I knew it
Ideas just came my way

I never felt important
People looked away
But now that I am writing
I’m happier each day

They say that I have talent
But I don't think it's true
I just enoy my poems
And sharing them with you

I now have my own website
So you can pick and choose
To read a funny poem
About what’s in the news

If everyone wrote poems
If they could find the time
We’d all be busy writing
Perhaps we’d have less crime

The world would be a better place
A poem takes some thought
There’s less time for being mean
When rhyming words are sought

Sit down and write a poem
Ideas aren't hard to find
And look for words that rhyme
It will improve your mind

By, Randee Saber 6/14/06