Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not asked to dance

I went with my friend
To a honky-tonk dance
We planned a night out
Not seeking romance

I’m average looking
My friend is striking
I try to be funny
She’s more to their liking

He asked her to dance
He didn’t ask me
Dancing’s so unfair
Don’t you agree

My friend left with her partner
It wasn’t in the plan
Because he was a cowboy
He had to be her man

I didn’t leave the dance hall
I thought I had a chance
Now that I was all alone
I might get asked to dance

As I got up to change my seat
While sipping on my drink
I saw a very handsome man
Who just gave me a wink

A lady quickly sat by him
Perhaps she was his friend
Searching for another man
I decided it would end

Women dance together here
And one of them asked me
Now dancing can be fair
Don’t you agree

By, Randee Saber 9/20/06