Monday, February 5, 2007

Paperwork, it could all disappear


Sept. 11, 2001
Fall of Twin Towers

I’m snowed under
Buried alive
Underneath paper
How will I survive

Bills and bank statements
Credit card solicitations
Brochures they send
For luxury vacations

Daily newspapers
Are piled on a table
I'd still like to read them
When I am able

There’s more paper now
Than ever before
The fax machine
Will keep sending more

There’s paper to use
In the copying machine
To make good copies
Keep the glass clean

Reams of paper
You must keep on hand
To feed to your printers
It's what they demand

The drawers are full
There's no room to file
Stack on the floor
In one big pile

When the Twin Towers
Came crashing down
No more papers
Would ever be found

My viewpoint’s changed
Regarding this paper
It could all disappear
With a falling skyscraper

By, Randee Saber 7/2/06