Friday, December 29, 2006

Yiddish words

I have many tchotchka’s
Do you understand
You call them nicknacks
They fit in your hand

It’s a Yiddish word
They will collect dust
Souvenir tchotchka’s
They are a must

I have many shmattas
They are cheap clothes
I’ll give them to charity
And not dispose

I’m schlepping this package
An obvious remark
Too far from the store
My car is parked

That lady has chutzpah
She wants it for free
And talks about people
What a yenta is she

If you are hungry
Get something to nosh
Don’t eat too much
Or you will plotz

I’m shvitzing in here
It’s way too hot
It’s air-conditioned
But not a lot

Kine-ahora
I won’t jinx your success
Mazel Tov
With luck you were blessed

That alter cocker
Much gelt he acquired
He’s old and he’s rich
He’s also retired

Pay close attention
You schmooze, you lose
Don't kibbutz so much
Or you’ll be excused

You’re such a kvetch
Stop the complaining
Sit back and relax
I’ll do the explaining

Although you’re a klutz
You still make me kvell
You’re clumsy at sports
But in school you do well

In everyday language
We use Yiddish words
If you are Jewish
Most you have heard

By, Randee Saber 7/6/06