Tuesday, October 16, 2007

You won't forsake me

Written to commemorate the 26th Annual “A Night to Honor Israel” by John Hagee Ministries and the Cornerstone Church, San Antonio, Texas on Sunday, October 14, 2007. And especially, to say thank you to Pastor John Hagee and his ministries for their continued support of the Jewish people and the State of Israel. As a middle-age Jewish woman, I’m overwhelmed by this extraordinary congregation and their commitment to helping Israel plus knowing they will never forsake the Jewish people.

Will you defend me
When they abuse
When they scare
When they refuse?

Will you protect me
When I’m in fear
When I’m threatened
When they’re here?

Will you help me
When I’m poor
When I’m tired
When I’m sore?

You won’t forsake me
Because you're brave
Because you care
My life you'll save