Sunday, June 9, 2019

Talking to strangers


I met you in a store
While standing in a line
Complaining about the wait
The checkers were behind

I met you eating lunch
Where we each sat alone
We had a conversation
And then we both went home

I met you in a ladies room
We had to wait in line
We talked a little while
The wait took too much time

We sat with one another
While traveling on a plane
A conversation started
Yet I never knew your name

I told you about my life
Like you were my best friend
Knowing when we landed
Our encounter soon would end

We sat at the same table
While we were on a cruise
And told each other everything
Because we liked to schmooze

I’m sure we’ll never meet
After the cruise ends
We’ll just pack up and leave
An email we may send

Although I’ve talked to strangers
Who don’t become my friends
It helps to pass the time, and
Maybe I’ll see them again

  
By, Randee Saber 5/28/06