Monday, April 28, 2008

Snack attack

I just had a snack attack
In the middle of the day
I didn’t have a thing to eat
Until you swam my way

But when I sank my teeth in you
I had to spit you out
Covered in a rubber suit
Now, what’s that all about

I didn’t know you weren’t a fish
I'll usually eat a seal
Swimming by all dressed in black
You looked like a good meal

Now everyone is mad at me
They want to seek revenge
Because you died from being bit
Your death they will avenge

Fish should not be eating men
But men can eat a fish
When a fish is cleaned and cooked
It then goes on a dish

No matter where or when you swim
You may not fear the worst
A shark might want to sample you
After all, we were here first

Swim carefully!

By, Randee Saber 4/28/08

A great white shark, approx. 12-17 ft. long, attacked and killed
Dr. David Martin, a retired veterinarian in the early morning
hours on Friday, April 25, 2008. The attack occurred in San Diego
County, California where shark attacks are rare. Dr. Martin was
training for a triathlon and his black wetsuit may have resembled a
seal, which this type of shark feeds on.