Saturday, March 27, 2021

To my dear dying dad - Elliot Linsky DOB 1/18/1927 died at the age of 94 on March 22, 2021

 

I had written you a poem

And saw it on display

It was 14 years ago

On your 80th birthday

 

It was quite a challenge

For me when you got sick

But you were very happy

With Atria I picked

 

You were so well liked there

And never did complain

With your friendly smile

You never were a pain

 

A ladies’ man you were

And Shirley was your friend

Until she left abruptly

The friendship had to end

 

The past months had been rough

In social isolation

Because the Covid virus

There was no visitation

 

And then we got a call

To get here very quick

So, Alan drove here fast

Because you’ve gotten sick

 

That hospice place was understaffed

Therefore, I threw a fit

To get you in their hospital

I called and never quit

 

I knew this day would come

But still in disbelief

You're lying in a hospital bed

My heart is filled with grief

 

I come and visit daily

And watch you slip away

But memories I have of you

With me will always stay

 

By, Randee Saber, beloved daughter 3/19/2021


Poem below I wrote for my dad's 80th birthday that was on display on his TV stand

Dad's 80th birthday

You're young at heart

You're as young as you feel

Turning 80

Is no big deal


You don't use a walker

You don't use a cane

And believe it or not

You're still sane


You're nice and slim

With no extra weight

But you've always managed

To clean your plate


You love to read

You share your knowledge

You married young

While still in college


A helpful spouse

You cook and clean

You don't lose your temper

You're never mean


Patrolling the waters

The ocean and bay

The Coast Guard Auxiliary

Makes your day


Playing softball

Keeps you strong

You've played many years

Exactly how long?


You're proud of your wife

She's stood by your side

For so many years

The knot's been tied


You're proud of your children

And grandchildren too

And they of course

Are proud of you


As your journey continues

What more can I say

Take care of yourself

Have a happy birthday


By, Randee Saber 12/4/2006